Voices from Ellis Island
- Straight on Till Morning
- The Extraordinary Ordinary!
- A Tribute to Teachers
- Mothers, Daughters, Wives, Women
- Marching Out of the Sweatshop
- L.B. 4:15
- Woman’s Work
- Angels and Troublemakers
- Saints, Soldiers and Spies: Women and War
- Women Who Changed The World
- Far as the Eye Can See
- Voices from the Resistance
- On Our Own Soil: Stories from the Civil War
- Love in Action
- Into Possession of Myself
- The Story of the Orphan Train
- I Can’t Give You Anything But Songs: The Life and Work of Dorothy Fields
- Voices from Ellis Island
The Gateway to America, the front door to freedom, the Island of Tears. From 1890 to 1930, Ellis Island was the first experience of life in America for millions of immigrants. Their stories are amusing, frightening, inspiring, and true.
Running time : 70 minutes
Pippa has the incredible ability to transfer an entire audience to another place, another time, and hold them transfixed for the entire show.
I have a fifth grader who saw Voices from Ellis Island and he talked to me about it for almost two hours last night!
Both your presentation and your material is inspiring.
Pippa was extraordinary. Students were utterly amazed at her ability to portray so many different characters’ roles and accents. One student said, ‘If Rifka didn’t make it into the U.S. I would have cried’.
All the teachers loved your show. The history teacher said they were just studying Ellis Island and it was a perfect fit. My neighboring teacher said she cried during the show.
Pippa has performed twice for Cather Circle and has received rave reviews both times. Her acting is superb and the stories she tells are carefully researched and poignantly effective. She brings to life subjects about which many of us have never pondered. We will definitely call on her again!